Question:
Is this normal? anemic problem?
Sha C
2008-11-20 08:55:59 UTC
I was told I was anemic last year and that I have to eat more veggies. I have, but even though I do I still feel horrible. Nausea, can't concentrate, thinking gets difficult at times, sometimes I'm pale, really tired, often get a sore throat and sometimes I feel like I'm going to faint. Idk what to do. I told my mom, but she doesn't seem to worry much about it and she won't schedule an appointment.
Four answers:
2008-11-20 09:10:08 UTC
You NEED to take iron supplements. You can get them at any drugstore over the counter. Feosol is my personal favorite. You should also eat protein rich foods.. Meats, nuts, beans. Take the supplements twice a day to start with. Drink lots of water with them. This is serious!

Also, do you have stomach ulcers? The anemia may be a result of internal bleeding, which is extremely serious. Usually it's just iron deficiency, but sometimes it's something more. Start by taking the iron supplements and enriching your diet. If it doesnt work, you need to go to the doctor.
?
2008-11-20 09:07:34 UTC
Seems you r too anemic .iron deficieny is the main cause of anamia .

you shud consult yr doc .i m sending you sm information regarding anemia .plz go through it .it will help u alot.take care

Anemia, one of the more common blood disorders, occurs when the level of healthy red blood cells (RBCs) in the body becomes too low. This can lead to health problems because RBCs contain hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to the body's tissues. anemia can cause a variety of complications, including fatigue and stress on bodily organs.

Anemia can be caused by many things, but the three main bodily mechanisms that produce it are:

excessive destruction of RBCs

blood loss

inadequate production of RBCs

Among many other causes, anemia can result from inherited disorders, nutritional problems (such as an iron or vitamin deficiency), infections, some kinds of cancer, or exposure to a drug or toxin.
2008-11-20 10:15:29 UTC
You need to get a complete blood test. There are other mineral deficiencies other than low iron that can create anemic conditions.
Lisa K
2008-11-20 10:21:55 UTC
Your mom should really take you in for another test to see how your anemia is doing. There are many reasons you may have aniemea and many types. one thing I have learned from my anemia is if you start having heaviness in your arms and legs, Swelling in your hands, ankles and face, if you start getting out of breath by simply walking to another room or start having burning pains in your chest go to the emergency room asap. Aneimia can if to low cause heat failure this just recently happened to me. You can learn a lot by going to webmd.com they also have a symptom checker.