Question:
ive been sick for 5 days nows...?
sharpie
2009-03-07 19:28:00 UTC
It started as a small cough. Then it became a a really bad cough. I literally could not stop coughing. The next day I got a fever and started coughing up mucus. I am extremely congested. My chest is in pain. When I breath, I make a wheezing sound, sometimes but that just started. And today I was really tired. I slept til about 6pm, I woke up every few hours for about 30 min but I can't gather the energy to get out of bed.

My mom won't take me to urgent care or the doctor so can somebody tell me what's wrong with me and how I can get better??

Thanks
Five answers:
Veery Much
2009-03-07 20:42:03 UTC
What kind of mother refuses to take their child to the doctor? I understand when a parent thinks their child is faking, but usually the threat of a doctor's visit is enough to scare them straight. This is the opposite - you're ASKING to go and she won't take you.

You need to see a doctor, it's probably pneumonia or even a flu. You won't die, but you need medicine sweetie!! Try talking to your mother again - maybe she didn't understand at first how bad you are actually feeling. I don't know the reasons why she isn't taking you, but the fact is, you need to go. If she still won't take you to the doctor, take it into your own hands. Do you have any relatives or adult friends you could call to take you? What about your dad, is he in the picture? If none of the above is possible, can you make your way to a chemist/drugstore and ask them for advice? There are some things a pharmacy can recommend for you, and you wouldn't necessarily need a prescription.

Just to reassure you, I've felt like that before. It was the flu, but I've never felt worse in my life. So don't worry about dying or anything, but do seek medical attention so you can get better!
Me
2009-03-07 19:33:23 UTC
honey

go take a bus and get to the doctor on your own

or go to a doctor on your school lunch break

if you cant do that

get some chest cough/cold decongestant

and get plenty of rest in a quiet low lite area

you have a really bad cold or bronchitis

if it is just a cold right now, it will lead to bronchitis if it is left untreated
Peter M
2009-03-07 21:56:57 UTC
Listen to April and Vee and let me suggest also that if you are going to school, and you shouldn't be, go to the school nurse. You need help from someone - if not your mom, call a friend and ask your friend to talk to his/her mom to get you help. Maybe your mom will take that seriously.
april
2009-03-07 20:12:04 UTC
Do your eyeballs hurt? My daughter had the exact symptoms this past week and it's bronchitis. If you're not seen and it continues to worsen, it will be pneumonia.

You really need antibiotics. My daughter's on doxycycline and tussin...something pills.
shelley_gaudreau2000
2009-03-07 19:53:25 UTC
You could have pneumonia. Show your mom this post and insist on a trip to the ER. Untreated pneumonia can kill.