Question:
Is it normal to drink and throw up blood?
blab
2009-01-02 13:38:26 UTC
On New Year's Eve, my husband drank almost a whole bottle of tequila by himself. He ended up puking for nearly 2.5 hours. He was puking what looked like a light amount of blood. It just tinted his puke a really light red color, but it went away after the first 2 hours. I wanted to take him to the ER, but was not sure what to do. Does anyone know if this is common and if I should have him go to the doctor? Thanks, any advice is appreciated!!!
Eight answers:
2009-01-02 13:59:57 UTC
Probably stomach lineing, when I drink to excess this happens to me, he should be fine by tommorow, but if problem persists after a couple of days then seek medically attention.
Pearls Before Swine
2009-01-02 13:51:11 UTC
Throwing up blood is not normal, neither is drinking a whole bottle of tequila in one go. After your husband sees a doctor, you should talk to him to find out if he needs some help with a possible drinking problem too.
MJ
2009-01-02 13:47:10 UTC
Not normal. He either burned an ulcer into his stomach lining with the tequila or damaged his esophagus throwing up for so long. Either way it is never a good thing when you throw up blood. He should go to the doctor and get that checked on.
Blue Haired Old Lady
2009-01-02 13:42:38 UTC
No. that is not normal. He may have ruptured a vein in his esophagus by vomitting or by drinking too much. Tell him he is an idiot, if you haven't already. It is not common. He might be okay without seeing a doctor since the bleeding has stopped. Tell him not to drink that much all at once, and if he continues to have problems make him go to the doctor's office.
brancazio
2016-10-20 06:05:29 UTC
Are you one hundred% specific it became blood? in case you have been dropping that lots blood and already had a severe adequate BAC (Blood alcohol concentration) there's no way you are going to be able to have been wakeful. I even have thrown up earlier after eating too lots and questioned if it became blood, besides the undeniable fact that it became easily in basic terms the mixture of beverages I had drank. you would be conscious of it became blood through fact the viscosity could be diverse, you would be feeling phenomenally ill, and you will possibly in all probability be lifeless top now.
SyrTurtle
2009-01-02 13:49:07 UTC
No, vomiting blood is never normal. It probably isn't anything life-threatening, being that it was a small amount, but he should definitely see a doctor.

Riding him over this is not really necessary; he has already learned a valuable lesson. (Unless he makes this a regular practice, in which case he needs help.)
Tigger
2009-01-02 13:43:34 UTC
Get him to the hospital: Throwing up blood like that is not normal.

Good luck.
zaaap
2009-01-02 13:46:14 UTC
no thats not normal after drinking you should take him to the doctor