Question:
Whats going on with me?
2008-11-15 20:41:59 UTC
Ok well i either have bipolar disorder or depression. My doctor put me on antidepressants but i really think i suffer from bilpolar disorder. I read all of the symptoms on it, and i match. I dont know how to tell my parents what i think.

Also, I only have thoughts of suicide sometimes, and sometimes i feel really happy.

AND, I'm leaning towards bulimia.

What should i do? I've been on these meds for months now
Three answers:
2008-11-16 01:24:53 UTC
You might get better answers asking in the mental health section rather than the cancer section.

Also be aware that many of your symptoms sound exactly like those of a moody young person possibly influenced by puberty issues. Many teenagers feel this way whether they admit it to others or not. I know that I did. These symptoms will pass with time but if they do not then you need a professional psychological evaluation rather than to be examined for cancer.

Being a young person these days is very hard, especially if your parents are not good role models or they are not fully involved in your growing up during these difficult times.

Also, make sure and do not read too many symptoms because you tend to believe that you have all of them. Adults are guilty of doing this also but the process is even worse when you are a teenager. Leave any potential diagnosis and second opinions for the experts.

Also, give the medicines times to work. There are no quick fixes for complex problems so be patient and work with your Drs.

And forget about suicide. It only hurts the people you love and is a very selfish thing to do. The sun will always comes up and is very beautiful tomorrow. Things change very fast so give them time to work out.

good luck
Andee
2008-11-16 05:52:37 UTC
I think you do need to tell your parents. Start by telling them you are not sure if your medication is helping you enough, and hopefully that brings on enough of a discussion to make an appointment with your doctor. You need to discuss with your doctor exactly how the medication is helping or not helping you and tell him how you feel. It would be a very good idea for you to keep a daily journal on how you feel at different times of the day, and how you felt about the day overall. Write down the times when you felt happy, when you felt sad, when you felt suicidal, when you felt bulimic, what time you took your pill, when and if you had your period, etc. Take this journal with you when you go to the doctor.
2008-11-15 22:26:38 UTC
this is the cancer section not the psychology