Question:
What do you think of my blood pressure?
philly96@sbcglobal.net
2009-03-22 14:33:20 UTC
My last nine reading for my blood pressure!
03-21 9:21pm 130/80 P-103
9:52pm 124/81 p-102
03-22 1:51am 135/82 p-75
1:52am 128/80 p-77
1:55am 124/76 p-76
1:55pm 138/82 p-97
1:58pm 131/81 p-94
2:02pm 133/76 p-84
5:20pm 133/78 p-93
What do think of my blood pressure reading? Im 22 years old with Sinus tachycardia! Also Im 5ft 6in weight 140 pounds in pretty good shape right now but dont excersise everyday but I walk quiet a bit though. I love to drink a lot of water, soy milk, and orange juice. I dont have the best diet. Eat alot of rice with pork chops and pizza.
Four answers:
Nadi E
2009-03-22 14:49:32 UTC
I will say it's all right. Not high and not low and not even high to diagnose hypertension. Sinus tachycardia is about your pulse rate and according to your data, it's okay except a little bit high for 103. Normal pulse rate is 60-100. Is this blood pressure during unwell? If not, you need to look after your blood pressure. If you don't control, you have risk to get hypertension. If these blood pressure reading was taken while you were unwell, you might want to check again when you are well.
Jamie
2016-03-02 03:08:14 UTC
Blood pressure measurements don't count for anything if you've been walking around. Ideally, you should be sitting down for at least 5 minutes or so. Blood pressure also can vary during the day, so it's best to get measurements from similar times during the day. No caffeine in the morning either. These measurements should be repeated on a few separate occasions. Some people get "white coat hypertension" when they go to the doctor's office because they are nervous. Probably blood pressure medicines wouldn't kill you. But you don't necessarily need blood pressure medicines if your blood pressure is only high while active. When doctors study the effects of high blood pressure, they study the effects of people who are diagnosed with it as described above. You are probably at no higher cardiac risk from your blood pressure.
dogsbestfriend27
2009-03-22 16:15:21 UTC
I am not a doctor or anything like that. I think that your eating habits could improve. It is good that you are keeping track. It will give your doctor a good idea on what you run. I had surgery afew weeks ago, and of course I am really nervous, so my blood pressure went way up! Then of course it went way down afterwards. The walking is good. I so need to do that. Also write down, when you take it, is it before your eat or after you eat. Write down what you eat. You never mentioned vegetables. You got to eat your veggies or will be no dessert for you!! :)
The doc.
2009-03-22 14:46:27 UTC
Well potassium is what can reduce blood pressure. Your readings suggest slightly than higher average cardiac output. If I were you, i would try to reduce sodium intake and then compare blood test readings.