Question:
did my lung collapse or something?
urbeat.
2009-04-09 19:49:24 UTC
i feel fine when i breathe normally but when i try to take a deep breath i feel a tight pain in my chest. :( please tell me whats wrong with me.
Five answers:
2009-04-09 21:43:10 UTC
Please don't leave the sake of your health to chance, sharp lung pain may be caused by something much more serious then you may think. A doctor can listen to your lungs using his stethoscope, if he feels there may be a block or a sign of pneumonia, or bronchitis, he will send you for xrays to check for sure.
CDC
2009-04-10 09:33:04 UTC
If your lung collapsed you'd know it. You'd have pain & a lot more trouble breathing than that. With no other problems what you describe is usually muscle tightness you feel, although there are a few other lung conditions (inflammation is one, also pneumonia) it could be. See your doctor to be sure. Good luck.
Hamsiadi
2009-04-10 03:32:45 UTC
If you feel that pain just 1 or 2 days, or sometimes only maybe it cause of wind, so rub your chest with Vicks or Ginger plaster.

but if you feel that for a long time you must consult to your Doctor for Lung test ( if you feel that pain in your whole chest )

or Heart test ( if you feel that pain in your left chest only ).

hope this information useful for you.
2009-04-10 03:11:34 UTC
you might have air inside of you just try to take the gas out it usually happens to me as well but also i get pains in my arm.....

and relax don't panic cause it can make it worst
Anne W
2009-04-11 08:01:35 UTC
stop. you would KNOW if your lung collapsed!