Question:
answer A.S.A.P.!! (women only)?
Vally;DDDD
2009-03-22 19:40:56 UTC
Okay, so I was taking a shower today and I was washing my self down there and I felt like something was coming out and I got really scared so I looked in the mirror and I saw like a piece of like red skin coming out of my vagina. I am on mirena and I have been having sex without protection. am I having a miscarriage? Blood clot? Please help I am very scared:/ its still in there half way out! Should I just pull it out?
Five answers:
knittinmama
2009-03-22 19:46:01 UTC
You should call your doctor. Even after hours his/her exchange will answer and put you in touch with a doctor who can better advise you.
Ian's Mommy is A Fighter!
2009-03-23 22:35:33 UTC
I'm on mirena also. You should probably make an appointment with your ob, but my guess would be just your body expelling blood clots if you're mirena is working properly. If you were having a miscarriage, I think you'd have extreme bleeding and pain. You're mirena could have dislodged itself also. Make an appointment with your ob and I'd refrain from sex until you had your mirena checked.
RUEMT
2009-03-22 19:58:10 UTC
i couldn't guess what it is, but it's usually a bad idea to pull something out of your body. a blood clot or a miscarriage probably wouldn't just stay there like that though. call your doctor, or if you're really worried go to the hospital.
2009-03-22 19:57:37 UTC
I'm so glad that I did not choose this type of contraceptive... Three of my girlfriends have had nothing but problems with it!...I haven't hear anything positive yet!

The discharge you are mentioning happened to one of my friends, it almost looked like a long string of flesh *very weird* she described it like a piece of liver or something....very scary!

If I was you I would go to the doctor and have it removed!

Here is a link to a discussion board where women have had nothing but problems with it, maybe you can get an insight!

Best of luck to you!

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Fertility/messages/108.html
Tarkarri
2009-03-22 21:56:38 UTC
No idea what that is, but if it was happening to me I would be going to the Emergency room straight away!