Question:
I had my TSH test.the resulted level is >100. Am i having thyroids?
Khan Girl
2008-10-22 22:08:25 UTC
I had my TSH test.the resulted level is >100. Am i having thyroids?
Four answers:
Tarkarri
2008-10-22 23:45:29 UTC

If your TSH is high (and it sounds like it is) then the chances are you have an underactive thyroid.

There is a simple treatment for this, but your Dr needs to order this.
mindyg1984
2008-10-22 22:17:41 UTC
i dont think this is a correct value. Normal values are 0.4 - 4.0 mIU/L for those with no symptoms of abnormal thyroid function.

However, those without signs or symptoms of an underactive thyroid who have a TSH value over 2.0 mIU/L but normal T4 levels may develop hypothyroidism in the future. This is called subclinical hypothyroidism (mildly underactive thyroid) or early-stage hypothyroidism. Anyone with a TSH value above this level should be followed very closely by a doctor.

If you are being treated for a thyroid disorder, your TSH level should be between 0.5 and 3.0 mIU/L.

Normal value ranges may vary slightly among different laboratories. Talk to your doctor about the meaning of your specific test results.

and you are not "having Thyroids" every person has a thyroid gland it may be overactive underactive not active or removed
?
2016-10-07 11:37:35 UTC
you may get a 2nd opinion I also have a thyroid concern and that i'd desire to had my meds adjusted whilst Im nevertheless interior the conventional variety, counting on how youre feeling and your indications you will possibly desire help handling it some human beings whilst that's out of variety basically slightly they get effected others dont even word you could atleast get yet another try to have an entire thyroid panel not basically the tsh carried out
x-AnGeL-x
2008-10-22 22:15:51 UTC
u got it test. so didnt the laboratory people tell you? if not. so you are suppose to show the report to the doctorrrrrr