Question:
I know this is really ****ing nasty but..?
2009-06-15 05:55:37 UTC
TMI warning..

I couldn't go poop for a while. Like I wasn't able to, there wasn't a restroom when I had to. I guess it got too hard. I've had this before but I don't think to this degree, it hurts so much and I've got an awful throat infection and cold to top it off. I've been eating fruit and drinking tons of water, would that have any effect if it's already like this? I sat on the toilet for literally hours yesterday. Would laxatives help or is that for something else? It's just too big to come out and it is so painful, sometimes it gets to the point similar to when I had appendicitis.
Seventeen answers:
2009-06-15 06:01:19 UTC
You can try a Stool Softener, available over the counter, or plenty of fiber, fiber pills, the cereal Fiber 1, lots of spinach, grains etc. Or if everything else fails a Fleet enema, or warm water enema even, get instructions from your pharmacist.
Korey
2009-06-15 13:05:53 UTC
first off you should try a elp loosen the stool. It is not something that is going to happen overnight though. I would not provoke your body into providing additional back up into your bowels and then on into your intestines as that can cause other problems which you want to avoid. If the stool softeners do not help or you experience any kind of pain I would contact your psychian right away. One other thing that you can try is dieters green tea. it will help with bowel movements as well and this does have an affect the same day that you drink it however only drink two cups. I hope that this has helped you.
gogogoboy
2009-06-15 13:01:45 UTC
I would consult a doctor if I were you. Hopefully, laxatives can help. You took the right step in eating fruits and more water, but make sure you're not countering the good effect of the fruit by eating something unhealthy which will just aggravate your problem further.
jo
2009-06-15 12:59:36 UTC
yea get a soposotory. i dont kno if thats how you spell it, but basically you put it up your butt. i kno this sounds awful but it really isn't. cuz within the next 15 mins, you go to the bathroom and you are reliefed from the pain!! i know how that is.

and make sure you drink lots of waterrrr!
?
2009-06-15 13:01:50 UTC
Try:

a) caffeine

b) getting up REALLY early

c) exercise

d) if all else fails... a laxative
The Angry Pessimist
2009-06-15 12:59:57 UTC
Two words: Digital Stimulation
Kettu
2009-06-15 13:01:11 UTC
Sometimes your pipes can get clogged for whatever reason. If it's painful you should go see a doctor asap because without treatment those kind of situations can be fatal.
Adolf
2009-06-15 12:59:15 UTC
Take a laxative or stool softener.
2009-06-15 13:06:50 UTC
I know how you feel. Someone i know had the same problem.

And they had to be taken to the hospital. They were given fleet enima - a laxative. That really helped alot and then they were great again.

Please do something immediately before things get worse. Please see your doctor. They will give you a laxative.

If you want to try a laxative on your own, do so. But if it doesnt work, please please please, go to your doctor immediately.
Mariah
2009-06-15 13:00:20 UTC
laxatives would help. A LOT!
2009-06-15 13:03:13 UTC
You are really constipated. Laxatives may help, but I think it would be best to see your doctor. I think you may need more fiber in your diet, too. That's what helps to keep you regular. You should get at least 25g a day.

FRUIT AMOUNT TOTAL FIBER (grams)

Apples with skin 1 medium 5.00

Apricot 3 medium 0.98

Apricots, dried 5 pieces 2.89

Banana 1 medium 3.92

Blueberries 1 cup 4.18

Cantaloupe, cubes 1 cup 1.28

Figs, dried 2 medium 3.74

Grapefruit 1/2 medium 6.12

Orange, navel 1 medium 3.40

Peach 1 medium 2.00

Peaches, dried 3 pieces 3.18

Pear 1 medium 5.08

Plum 1 medium 1.00

Raisins 1.5 oz box 1.60

Raspberries 1 cup 8.34

Strawberries 1 cup 3.98

VEGETABLES AMOUNT TOTAL FIBER (grams)

Avocado (fruit) 1 medium 11.84

Beets, cooked 1 cup 2.85

Beet greens 1 cup 4.20

Bok choy, cooked 1 cup 2.76

Broccoli, cooked 1 cup 4.5

Brussels sprouts 1 cup 2.84

Cabbage, cooked 1 cup 4.20

Carrot 1 medium 2.00

Carrot, cooked 1 cup 5.22

Cauliflower, cooked 1 cup 3.43

Cole slaw 1 cup 4.00

Collard greens, cooked 1 cup 2.58

Corn, sweet 1 cup 4.66

Green beans 1 cup 3.95

Celery 1 stalk 1.02

Kale, cooked 1 cup 7.20

Onions, raw 1 cup 2.88

Peas, cooked 1 cup 8.84

Peppers, sweet 1 cup 2.62

Pop corn, air-popped 3 cups 3.60

Potato, baked w/skin 1 medium 4.80

Spinach, cooked 1 cup 4.32

Summer squash, cooked 1 cup 2.52

Sweet potato, cooked 1 cup 5.94

Swiss chard, cooked 1 cup 3.68

Tomato 1 medium 1.00

Winter squash, cooked 1 cup 5.74

Zucchini, cooked 1 cup 2.63

CEREAL, GRAINS, PASTA AMOUNT TOTAL FIBER (grams)

Bran cereal 1 cup 19.94

Bread, whole wheat 1 slice 2.00

Oats, rolled dry 1 cup 12.00

Pasta, whole wheat 1 cup 6.34

Rice, dry brown 1 cup 7.98

BEANS, NUTS, SEEDS AMOUNT TOTAL FIBER (grams)

Almonds 1 oz 4.22

Black beans, cooked 1 cup 14.92

Cashews 1 oz 1.00

Flax seeds 3 tbs 6.97

Garbanzo beans, cooked 1 cup 5.80

Kidney beans, cooked 1 cup 13.33

Lentils, red cooked 1 cup 15.64

Lima beans, cooked 1 cup 13.16

Peanuts 1 oz 2.30

Pistachio nuts 1 oz 3.10

Pumpkin seeds 1/4 cup 4.12

Soybeans, cooked 1 cup 7.62

Sunflower seeds 1/4 cup 3.00

Walnuts 1 oz 3.08
?
2009-06-15 12:59:32 UTC
you should take a laxative. That will definatly help.
2009-06-15 13:00:44 UTC
Go to your drug store and buy some suppositories.
?
2009-06-15 13:00:55 UTC
take 3 dulcolax tabs. you can buy them OTC.
No offence
2009-06-15 13:01:44 UTC
FIBER! or pills that will make it lose we all been their.
2009-06-15 12:59:47 UTC
Restrooms this way ---------->
2009-06-15 12:59:40 UTC
my brother had strep on his ***. idk, maybe you have it, go to the doctor immediatly